Would you purchase a product from an unknown website?
Would you see a doctor who has no referrals?
Most people would say, “No!”
Consumers are typically interested in products that they find convenient, likable, and affordable. In today’s world, people use the internet as a major resource for deciding whether to buy a product and/or service. Studies have shown that approximately 61% of online purchases are derived from online reviews about that product or service.
Reviews made on local listings (i.e. Google Local, SuperPages, Yahoo! Local), business websites, and consumer review sites (i.e. Yelp, Angie’s List) are often read and held in high regard. This is why it’s crucial to monitor the reviews your business receives.
Benefits of online reviews are endless, but include:
1. Increased sales
2. Improves page rank on search engines
3. Creates customer loyalty
4. Engages customers to think positive thoughts about your products and/or service
5. Encourages more visitors to review your services
6. Provides a positive image of the business
7. Communicates with consumers to suggest that you will resolve problems
To ensure your business obtains good reviews on the internet, make the process as simple as possible. SEO Ann Arbor suggests the following tips for getting reviews.
- Follow up after a sale, requesting a review by sending an email.
- Add a link on your website that directs customers to a place to leave their review.
- Ask in person immediately after you provide service.
- Keep track of people who’ve already reviewed your services, so you can send them a follow up email, asking them to review you on other pages as well.
- Brag about positive reviews on social media and your website.
- Thank and, if possible, reward customers who give reviews after the fact, so they’ll be more likely to leave another review.
We would love to hear from you! Please leave us a comment below or contact us if you have questions or comments.