Are you up-to-date on the best practices of web design?
Don’t let the process of designing a website overwhelm you! Follow these simple do’s and don’ts and get the most out of your web design!
- Make sure your website is structured well. A busy website with too many graphics or text boxes can be very distracting to someone visiting your site. In the case of web design, less is more!
- Try to focus on your most relevant topics. The focus for your site should be with a specific goal in mind. Focus on what’s important, and what is going to drive in the most business.
- Make an easy navigation bar. The easier your site is to navigate, the better customers and clients are going to be able to find the information they’re looking for. They won’t get frustrated about having to sort through page after page, either.
- Have too many text boxes or graphics. You want your site to be eye-catching, but not at the expense of giving out information or making sales. Too many distractions on a page can drive potential customers away.
- Have irrelevant content/images on pages. Make sure to keep everything simple and clear. Don’t confuse a visitor to your site by having information about four different topics on one page. Dedicate each page to a relevant piece of information regarding your business.
- Go overboard with images and colors. Pick a color scheme and stick to it throughout the site. Also be sure to use colors that are easy on the eyes, as opposed to neon colors, for example, which are eye-catching, but can be overwhelming and distracting.
Looking For More?
Visit SEO Ann Arbor’s website or give us a call at (734) 619-0736 to see how we can help you create a great web design for your business!